SKILL ACQUISITION THEORIES
& The SPIRIT
This program consists of 26 days of training for a total of 300 hours (200 contact hours + 100 hours of personal study) over a period of 12 months.
The training takes place in-person, in English in Amsterdam and in French in Paris and includes
10 monthly weekends
Saturday and Sunday
(see each location page for exact schedule)
A 7-day retreat-intensive in Mallorca, Spain from 24 June to 01 July 2023
where we will all get together alongside the entire faculty
The monthly sessions will be a space for growth where trainees are free to fully experiment with perhaps new ways of teaching and moving.
Attendance to the entire course is required in order to graduate.
Raphan, who will be present during the entire programme, will be joined by an amazing team of experts in their fields to provide you with a truly unique training experience.
Anatomy & Fascia
Mobility & Strength
The training is practice-driven, meaning that participants will be
both practicing and teaching during the entire programme.
There will be no final exams nor seated written tests
as assessments are continuous throughout the course.
S&F teacher-trainees will receive:
- Instructions on how to practice and teach eight (8) S&F repertoire sequences alongside the Dynamic Warm Up
- Guidance on the development and expansion of their own kinaesthetic awareness through practice with the method’s guiding principles
- Guidance on the development and expansion of their teaching skills and capacity to adapt the practice for various audiences
- Creative strategies for sequencing flows that can serve and challenge the vast majority of the general population
- Both scientific and practical knowledge on the subjects of
• “Living anatomy” and fascia
• breathwork and its physiology
• Mobility and flexibility development
- An introduction to voice work and sound energy,
useful for both self-growth and teaching purposes
- The ability to contribute to the growing body of work and philosophy of S&F Yoga and help expand kinaesthetic awareness in the general population through a movement-based Yoga practice.
Following satisfactory completion of the programme participants will be able to advertise themselves as Space & Flow Yoga™ teachers
and offer dedicated S&F Yoga and movement classes and workshops.