VINYASA - ASANA - BODYMIND
3 Main Modules
• Somatic Tuning ins
• S&F Dynamic Warm up
• Nine (9) S&F sequences & their Asana versions
• Creation of (at least) three (3) sequences by every teacher
Mobility & Movement lab: • S&F Fundamentals
• Floor-work • Strength & Flow
Sequencing lab: • Creativity & Expression
• Mat & non-mat based practices • Linear, circular & Mandala • Limitations & injuries (& their value)
• 7x60’s • Stretching protocols (including passive/active/ballistic theories) • Experiential anatomy • Yin (& Yang)
Assists & Adjustments
Anatomy & Fascia with Joanne Avison
Subtle Anatomy with Jonathan Monks
Breathwork with Jonathan Monks
Voicework with Simone Niles
S&F principles, philosophy and psychology
• Soma phenomena: the body as perceived from within • The Big Three: Ground, Spine, Breath • Movement within / movement with-out
• Inside Out Vs Outside In
• Power from the ground, flexibility from power
• Be P.O.D • Psychology of Movement and of Learning • Nervous system / Neuroplasticity
Philosophy, Ethics, Business
Thoughts, Principles, Professionalism
S&F Teachers will
• Receive a repertoire of tried and tested Vinyasa sequences and two postural versions (asanas or "pauses") for each, as well as access to the corresponding HD videos through the S&F online portal.
• Develop the analytical and problem solving skills to organise, adapt, and teach effectively to a range of abilities ranging from total beginners to advanced movers.
• Develop a teacher reflective journal which charts their growth through self reflection, inquiries, and their writing down of teaching and learning strategies and outcomes.
• Have access to an online portal containing all learning materials, videos, and which offers a place for discussions and Q&A's with both Raphan and fellow teachers.
• Benefit from 1 to 1 mentoring sessions (via Zoom) with Raphan throughout the course.
• Receive 40% discount on 1-1 private lessons and coaching sessions with Raphan during the length of the training.
Alongside an increased range of practice and teaching skills and techniques, each teacher will aim to also develop
• Expertise and confidence in teaching a movement-based Yoga practice by deepening their understanding of body mechanics (their own and that of others).
• An understanding of the physiological and psychological processes involved in somatic experiencing during S&F classes.
• A deeper appreciation and respect for the development of a growth mindset, both in teachers and students, and how a humanistic pedagogy can be used to support this.
TRAMUNTANA FLOW owes its name to the magnificent mountain range in Mallorca, the spectacular views of which can be contemplated from the entire property. Located in the beautiful village of Sa Cabaneta in Mallorca, only 15 min from Palma, Tramuntana Flow consists of several outbuildings on an 8000 m² parcel of land.
- 20 August to 03 September 2022
Residential - Tramuntana Flow, Mallorca
- Saturday 08 October - online - 9am to 4pm UK time
Voicework with Simone Niles + Teaching practicum
- Saturday 05 November - online - 9am to 4pm UK time
Breathwork with Jonathan Monks + Teaching practicum
- Saturday 03 December - online - 9am to 4pm UK time
Bio-Anatomy & Fascia with Joanne Avison + Teaching practicum
- Saturday 07 January 2023 - online - 9am to 3pm UK time Teaching practicum
- Saturday 04 February - online - 9am to 3pm UK time
- Saturday 04 March - online - 9am to 3pm UK time
- Saturday 18 March - Graduation
including a £1,000 deposit* to secure a space
based on Double Accommodation with Shared Bathroom
*Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable
Accommodation options and prices:
Double with En Suite Bathroom – £5,200 per person (limited - first come basis)
Single (Double used as) with En Suite Bathroom – £5,500 (limited - first come basis)
Remaining balance (fees minus deposit) will be due by August 1, 2022
Payment Plans: you are welcome to make up to 4 total payments (besides deposit), however all fees must be paid before the program begins.
Early bird: 15% off - Available until: May 1, 2022
• Full tuition, including in-person intensive and online modules
• 2 week-intensive retreat with full board and Bio deluxe vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including dairy products, eggs, superfoods, vegan and gluten free options.
• Online S&F portal with video recordings of live sessions, videos of each repertoire sequence with Flow & Pauses, video recordings of classes taught by Raphan, anatomy videos, books to download, and more ...
• Six (6) individual monthly mentoring sessions (online - via Zoom)
Fees do NOT include return flights, transfers, insurance, extra curricular activities, nor extra add-on costs such as books and practice/teaching gear.
APPLICATION FORM REQUEST
Contact us to express your interest in the SPACE & FLOW teaching certification and to be waitlisted for the course starting in August 2022.